Library Services for Graduating HDS Students

May 10, 2012

To facilitate the lifelong learning of our alumni, the Andover-Harvard Theological Library is pleased to offer a variety of library services.

Visit and Borrow

We hope you will visit us when in the Cambridge area. HDS alumni may apply for an Andover-Harvard Theological Library access card, with which they can enter the library during open hours. This card costs $10. Alumni who live within a reasonable distance who desire borrowing privileges at the library may also apply for Andover-Harvard Theological Library Special Borrower status. The normal fee is waived for Harvard alumni with the purchase of the access card. More information.

E-Journal Access

The library provides licensed access to degree-holding alumni of Harvard Divinity School to all of the full-text scholarly journals from the ATLA Religion Database. There is no fee for this service. More information.

Online access to other full-text journals and databases is not available remotely, but you are welcome to access these resources within the library. HOLLIS (Harvard's library catalog) is available to anyone with an Internet connection.


Alumni may register for a Harvard Alumni RefWorks Account. RefWorks, a web-based bibliographic management tool, enables you to manage research results with greater ease. Please note that Harvard Library will  discontinue its subscription to RefWorks after June 30, 2018.  More information including how to transfer your references to another citation management tool.

Research Assistance

Contact a research librarian for help locating information or developing a research strategy.

Unitarian Universalist Resources

Alumni interested in our Unitarian Universalist published resources should note that fees are waived for standard interlibrary loans as well as for copy requests under 100 pages. Requests must come from a library, rather than directly from alumni.

For information about copying unpublished documents from the Manuscripts and Archives Department, see "Reproduction Requests" on the Contact Special Collections page.