Harvard Divinity School Library serves as a national repository and library of record for the Unitarian Universalist tradition. Its collections includes books, hymnals, periodicals, curricula, pamphlets, sermons, personal papers, audio-recordings, movies, church records, photographs, postcards, digital, and many other types of materials. These pages have been created to give an overview of its Unitarian Universalist resources in the general and special collections and to suggest ways of using them. Use the links on the left to explore highlights of the collection.
There are additional Unitarian Universalist resources available on the library's website:
- Harvard Divinity School Library Manuscripts and Archives
- Flickr collections: Over 2,200 images. Includes most of the library's Unitarian Universalist postcards and a small selection of digitized photos of people and buildings. Use the collections tags
- Unitarian Universalist Congregations: A bibliography of publications and manuscripts in the public domain that chronicle major events events in the life of historically Unitarian and Universalist congregations in the United States.
- Timeline of Significant Events in the Merger of the Unitarian and Universalist Churches During the 1900s
- Holocaust Rescue and Relief: Digitized records of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- Religious Biographical and Genealogical Information: This guide describes a process for doing biographical research and what resources the library has to support that research. A section of the guide specifically addresses resources for researching Unitarian, Universalist, and Unitarian Universalist clergy.
- Reflections of Public Ministry at Harvard Divinity School and other online exhibits, many of which feature Unitarian Universalist material.
We use input from the community to decide what gets digitized. Tell us what you’d pick
Contact a research librarian to ask questions about our resources.
Information about the sources of our collection is found in the History of the Harvard Divinity School Library's Unitarian Universalist Collections.