Access to Online Resources
Use Harvard Library as an Alum describes online resources licensed for alum use. The resources include ATLASerials (full-text scholarly journals in the field of religion), JSTOR, Oxford English Dictionary, Project Muse, and Sage journals.
Visiting Andover-Harvard Theological Library
- Sign in with ID
- Or, purchase an annual AHTL access card for a one-time fee of $10. The card is renewable annually without a fee.
- Harvard College Library Special Borrowers cards also provide access.
- An AHTL Special Borrower card can be issued to Harvard alumni with either an AHTL access card or a HCL Special Borrowers card.
- AHTL Special Borrower cards are issued only M-F from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Regular loan items have 28 day loan periods.
- More info including fines
- All regular loan items are subject to recall.
- Regular loan items do not include reserve materials, multimedia items, or equipment.
Noncirculating items that must be used in the library
- Reference collection
- Bound periodicals
- Microform and microfiche
- Special Collections materials
- Faculty books on display
Circulating items may be renewed up to five times. Items can be renewed by providing library staff with your user ID number and the barcode numbers on those items, using any of the following methods:
- Email the circulation staff
- Phone the circulation desk: 617.495.5788
- Bring the items to the circulation desk during open hours.
After the fifth renewal, each item must be brought back to the circulation desk. At that time, it may be possible to renew the items again.