Harvard Divinity School is a member of the Boston Theological Institute (BTI). The BTI libraries extend reading and borrowing privileges to faculty and students at other BTI institutions so that each school can benefit from the rich collections of these libraries combined.
Visiting Andover-Harvard Theological Library
All visitors without a Harvard ID card must sign our visitor log and provide a photo ID.
Access, Borrow, Renew, Recall
- To activate privileges, present (i) home institution ID card and (ii) BTI card from home institution verifying enrollment (for students) or employment (for faculty) and then complete an AHTL application.
- Your AHTL Access card will be issued upon completion of the application process.
- Applications should be made Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (except University holidays). It is best to call ahead (617.495 5788) to make sure a circulation supervisor will be available to issue new cards or update your current card.
- The AHTL Access card provides access to AHTL during open hours and must be presented to circulation staff to borrow any materials.
- Access and borrowing privileges are granted to a specific individual and may not be transferred or shared.
- Access and borrowing privileges apply only to AHTL, and no other libraries in the Harvard Library.
- Regular loan items have 28 day loan periods for BTI students and semester loan periods for BTI faculty.
- All regular loan items are subject to recall
- Regular loan items do not include reserve materials, multimedia items,or equipment
- For information about fines, please see Fines and Fees.
Non circulating items that must be used in the library
- Reference collection
- Bound periodicals
- Microform and microfiche
- Special Collections materials
- Faculty books on display
Circulating items may be renewed up to five times. Items can be renewed by providing library staff with your user ID number and the barcode numbers on those items, using any of the following methods:
- Email the circulation staff
- Phone the circulation desk: 617.495.5788
- Bring the items to the circulation desk during open hours
After the fifth renewal, each item must be brought back to the circulation desk. At that time, it may be possible to renew the items again.